Make Your Own Curl Pudding!!!

5 Sep

I got this recipe from one of my ladies on Naturallycurly.com (Hey SilverAngel45!!) on making your own curl pudding using Eco Styler. Now, I personally am not a huge fan of Eco Styler gels b/c they are so THICK that I feel like I am putting glue in my hair, but with this recipe I have totally saved my stashes (I have the EVOO, Krystal and Tea Tree kinds). I plan to use this pudding on days where I am not really doing anything, because I can style Izzy QUICKLY (one product!) and can preserve my “good stuff.” I may even make a mix using some of my higher quality ingredients for a “premium” pudding, lol! Here is the recipe I used, but it can be altered with different oils or conditioners. However, I tried to do a mix with Long Aid and the conditioner/oil got very separated, so I had to add in some Ecostyler to bring everything back together.

- Gueye Extra Hold Herbal Styling Gel (you don’t need this one, but I dislike this gel alone so I wanted to use it up)

- Olive Oil Ecostyler

- Add in jojoba and hemp seed oil, about 1/2 a tablespoon each

- Stir; the mix will turn kind of oil/gelly/weird. Almost like Ghostbusters Ectoplasm.

- Then add in conditioner (I used Suave Naturals Coconut Condish) until the mix becomes creamy.

Voila! You have made your own all in one styler. I used my mix today; here’s what Izzy looked like:

There was a little bit of crunch, but I scrunched it out for the most part. I even think I could get second day hair with this mix. Cool stuff.

xoxo

24 Responses to “Make Your Own Curl Pudding!!!”

1. Edith May 31, 2012 at 9:52 AM #

I gotta try this:)

2. coilychi May 30, 2012 at 5:38 AM #

‘Ghostbusters ectoplasm” – LMAOOO!!

3. Tomica Crawley May 29, 2012 at 10:59 AM #

Wow! your curls look great. =D

4. Tanya Branham March 21, 2012 at 8:17 PM #

Your hair looks fabulous.com!!!Can flax seed gel be used instead od Eco styled? Thanks in advance for you’d reply.

5. Ebony Jovetta J March 6, 2012 at 5:32 AM #

I have been making this for the past few months and I love it. I put my own lil twist on it and added some additional oils. This good stuff and has cost me nothing because I am using products that I already have.

6. Anonymous November 26, 2011 at 4:20 PM #

Do you still use this mix at all?

• HB November 26, 2011 at 5:34 PM #

I haven’t made it since I used up/gave away my harder hold gels.

7. Kafi August 15, 2011 at 12:39 PM #

Did you to a twist and let it dry on Izzy’s hair? what styling technique did you use?
    Thanks!

• HB August 15, 2011 at 12:41 PM #

This is a wash and go with product applied in sections. I have a tut on how I do my wash n gos as well that should be helpful if you have further questions!

8. Evelyn N. Alfred August 11, 2011 at 1:39 PM #

Would this work if I used the Shea Moisture CE Smoothie, oil, and a leave-in conditioner?

• HB August 11, 2011 at 1:50 PM #

I’m not sure, but the Smoothie does not have any hold. The Smoothie is like a leave-in for me, so I don’t think you need both.

9. Madea February 16, 2011 at 9:29 AM #

What amounts of gel, conditioner and ecostyler did you use?

• HB February 16, 2011 at 9:34 AM #

Probably about 3oz each of gel…I didn’t measure the conditioner, I just mixed it in while stirring until it was the consistency I wanted…creamy but not watery.

10. SantanaMaria September 14, 2010 at 11:02 PM #

what a great recipe! im definitely gonna try that out….lovely hair color! :)

11. SoulfulSista September 13, 2010 at 6:37 PM #

Your hair turned out great! I’m going to give this recipe a try. I too found the eco styler to be a little too heavy for most of my hair. Can’t wait to try this out.

12. t September 8, 2010 at 7:49 AM #

can’t wait to try this!

13. Oaklay18 September 7, 2010 at 5:40 PM #

I think it looks really good! I like eco styler it really works for my hair and you can’t been the price. I use coconut oil under it to keep it from getting hard or drying my hair.
    I’ll have to try this mix next.

14. MsRee September 7, 2010 at 6:01 AM #

Your curls look great! :-)

• HB September 7, 2010 at 2:56 PM #

Thanks!!

15. niya September 6, 2010 at 10:45 AM #

Great results! I’ve been wanting to give EcoStyler a chance because it’s so ridiculously inexpensive, but my experience in the past with cheap store gels (e.g. LaBella) has been awful. Even when I pair it with a moisturizing LI, over a period of time, my hair ends up feeling dried out and it no longer responds as well to the gel.

So my question to you: Do you find EcoStyler drying with continued use, or does the addition of LI’s and oils effectively stop that from happening?

• HB September 6, 2010 at 10:49 AM #

I usually use different products on my hair everyday – but I will say that I stopped using Eco Styler b/c in general I found it drying. Even if my hair looked good that day, the next day my hair would be so dry, icky. The only way I would use this daily would be if I mixed it with one of my fave, awesome condishes, not a cheapie, like I used.

• niya September 7, 2010 at 8:13 AM #

Thanks for the tip!

I think I’m going to try to make a pudding out of my leftover Donna Marie (which left my hair a dry, shrunken, crispy-crunchy mess on its own). I’ve got some leftover conditioner samples and hemp seed oil….from like a year ago, lol, it’s probably not usable.

• HB September 7, 2010 at 2:57 PM #

I keep hearing mixed reviews about the MiraCurl…I want her new Curling Cream though!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Drugstore Series: Gels Part I « Quest for the Perfect Curl - May 29, 2012

[...] Pudding Post: http://questfortheperfectcurl.com/2010/09/05/make-your-own-curl-pudding/ Share this:EmailFacebookTwitterStumbleUponLike this:LikeBe the first to like this [...]

Comments are closed.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 7,590 other followers