- Wash hair with shampoo 1x a week in 6 sections
- Condition or use a cleansing conditioner + condition when I am redoing my wash n go (6 sections again), depending on how my hair feels and if I feel the product has left some build up (usually every 2-3 days, could be daily if I don’t like my second day hair or am playing with products)
- DC 1x a week with steam
- Daily Style – Wash n Go! (Currently, I’ve been doing about 12 sections in order to ensure the product is applied thoroughly and gets on my roots to minimize tangles)
- Ayurvedic Treatment – Henna + Indigo –> No longer using this.
- Ayurvedic Conditioning Mixes – No longer using these unless a small amount is put in a deep conditioner. I have tested the pH of these treatments and they range from 2-3, which is not good for my hair, as it’s already low porosity and this is too acidic.
- Sleeping! – Currently I’ve been sticking to my Sue Maesta hood, but I’m thinking of getting a DreadSock when my hair gets longer.
- Moisturize/fluff out daily using a water based moisturizer (Faves: Oyin Hair Dew, Donna Marie Super Buttercreme) when refreshing a wash n go.
- Sealing – I only seal when I am using a product that contains glycerin in less than optimal dews (Faves: Oyin Whipped Pudding, Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade, Oyin Hair Dew)
- Trimming – I do not trim my ends, frankly, because I haven’t felt as if I’ve needed to. I keep my SSKs to a minimum by moisturizing like crazy. However, I do search and destroys for the rare split and SSKs when I see them. I did a small trim last time I straightened my hair (half an inch), and may do another next time (but that most likely will not be for another six months or so).
- Heat – Diffuse as needed when my hair is soaking wet and I have things to do! Otherwise, I air dry.
Also, I continue to get questions about my hair color. Please check out this post for a thorough review of what I have used. Since that time, the only thing I did was add indigo to my henna mix (mixed them about half and half). However, I am now growing out my natural color and am no longer using henna or indigo.
Questions? Lemme know!