I’ve been doing my Rosemary Challenge for the past three weeks, and I must say…easiest challenge evAr! Since I seal my hair every time I wet style it anyway, it’s been simple to use oils/moisturizers with rosemary. The main products I have been using are:
- Carol’s Daughter Healthy Hair Butter (I also did a nice set of twists with this – see below)
- Tropical Traditions Rosemary Organic Coconut Hair Oil
- Ingredients to Die For VegeMink Mix
- Knotty Girl Vanilla Cupcake Leave-In (I’m all out of this – sadness)
- HerbNLife Head Sprung (I actually had to put this away because the WEN was getting NO PLAY, I <3 Head Sprung)
Now, I honestly can’t say I have seen a huge difference in my hair, but it seems like I am retaining length well, and I rarely see a single strand knot (SSK). I also bought some rosemary EO and added more to my VegeMink oil mix (it was only $5!!), and sometimes I put the mix on my temples because I love the tingle and it relaxes me.
Last week, I also did a set of twists with the Health Hair Butter (well, I used other stuff too b/c I was comparing, but the HHB was used on the majority of my hair) that I really liked. I was scared that my hair wouldn’t be conditioned enough because the main ingredients are water, butters, and oils, but I think the moisture was locked it well and my hair didn’t feel dry four days later. My hair was also smooth and shinier than usual (my hair is not silky and does not have a lot of natural shine). Check out the result!
For now, I am enjoying this challenge and will definitely continue. If you joined me, how you doin’? *Wendy Williams voice*