Hey guys! Hope everyone in the DMV area is staying safe and dry in your little blizzard. Can’t say I’m sad I missed it! Anywho, at the end of my little no-glycerin challenge, a few things started going a bit…awry. Not with not using glycerin, but with my routine. Here are some confounding factors:
– I got my Hair Butter from Koils by Nature. It has 4% glycerin, so I was like eh, what the hell, and used it one day.
– I DC’ed 3x last week, so I threw in a protein treatment for good measure. Yea, about that. My hair isn’t a fan of protein. I wouldn’t call it protein sensitive…but protein treatments usually make my hair too hard for a couple of days after I do them. No more of these unless my hair feels like mush.
Regardless of my random activities, I’ll say, I really enjoyed my glycerin-free week. My hair was noticeably less frizzy and softer, no matter what product combo I used. However, I have many products that have glycerin in them…so, will I be throwing them away? Hecks no. Some I am going to save for summer (Darcy’s Curling Jelly), and some I am going to use only when I am not using any other products with glycerin (Coconut Hemp Pomade, Darcy’s Leave-in, Eco Styler?). Also, I’m going to wait until summer to purchase anymore products with glycerin (yea, great, MORE restrictions…) So…there you have it. I’ve found something else my hair doesn’t like much. Sheesh, it’s such a brat.
Furthermore, I have some reviews that I need to do this week (maybe more depending on what hair products actually GET HERE this week…these processing times…). Here’s a list so I don’t forget:
– Side by side comparison of KCCC and Eco Styler Krystal
– Koils by Nature Hair Butter
– Aubrey Organics B5 Gel (maaaybe, I sort of talked about it last week, and really, it was nothing special. Perhaps when I have more hair)
Still waiting on my orders from HairVeda and Curl Mart…so if I get this stuff this week, I might review too…
– Elucence Condish
– CoCasta Shikakai Oil (HairVeda)
Stay tuned! I’m outtie. xoxo