You all know I love making up hair challenges for myself, so this next one is going to be using panthenol. Why panthenol? Well, panthenol is also known as vitamin B-5, and is a known moisturizer for hair. According to Chicoro, it penetrates the scalp and reaches the hair follicle underneath the scalp. Panthenol improves the moisture of the hair as soon as hair starts to grow. Sounds yummy, right? Then I started looking at my stash, and realized that a lot of my favorite products contain panthenol, so I got to thinking…what if I only styled with these products for a month? Would Izzy’s moisture level improve to gear up for winter? And so, a challenge is born. Here are the rules:
– Only style with products that contain panthenol (excluding using oil b/c…panthenol isn’t an oil lol)
– Use these products until September 30th – no other styling products can be used
Umm…that’s pretty much it. Here’s a list of my products that contain panthenol (the more the better!)
– Shea Moisture Shea Butter Leave-In
– Kinky Curly Spiral Spritz
– Komaza Care Shea Butter Lotion
– Curl Junkie Aloe Fix
– Curl Junkie Cocoa Coffee Curl Cream
– Ohm Sweet Hair Pudding
– Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner
– Kiss My Face Upper Management Gel
– Long Aid Curl Activator Gel (Extra Dry)
– Karen’s Body Beautiful Hair Milk
– Curly Q Coconut Dream Conditioner
– Nextimage Curl Defining Conditioner & Detangler (don’t ask me how I came across this random one lol)
– Just for Me! Smoothing Gel (again, don’t ask)
– AG Re: Coil Curl Activator
– Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In Conditioner
Okay so…maybe I’m not really hurting in the panthenol department, lol! Can I even call this a challenge? However, I will say that it will be difficult for me to not run to some of my staples (KCCC, Komaza Califia Styling Pudding, AV gel) that do not contain panthenol in a pinch. Sadness.
Well…does anyone want to join me?
3 thoughts on “WildChild’s September Challenge: Panthenol”
im all about the pantheol gurrrl… went through that realization when i was trying to figure out why the longaid left my curls so soft…have a feeling that this might be one of the secrets!
and no. I’m not sure if this is a “challenge” as much as a “smart move” 😉
Thankx for putting my baby, Shea Moisture Leave In on the top of the list! ^____^
Some of the items you listed I notice has shea butter. Do you think maybe Shea Butter naturally have pathenol?
I love that LI! It is my faaaaaave!!! Also, I looked it up and it doesn’t seem that shea butter has natural panthenol, but perhaps they play well together. Shea Butter is a fatty acid.
Comments are closed.