– The moisture with this stuff is OFF da chain! Like, Qhemet level. The oils also make it good for retaining moisture, which is KEY this winter, and the water gives your hair moisture. Win and win.
– I really love how this absorbs into my hair. I am thinking it might replace my Qhemet BRBC, because the cost is about the same for twice as much product. I do love that MSM pseudo-impact though…
– This stuff makes my hair SOFT. It’s awesome.
– Softens hair for detangling and has a good amount of slip.
– This was great for my braid out paired with my setting foam – my hair was shiny, smooth, and moisturized.
– Because it’s so moisturizing, I do NOT recommend using this with many Curl Junkie products, because it is very easy to over condition your hair. I used it with CIAB and my hair was a bit poofy, which means that I have over conditioned.
-Unfortunately, I can’t use this alone, because my frizz prone top was well, frizzy. I added some Burnt Sugar Pomade on top and that took care of the frizz though. Strangely, it melted into my hair pretty well, but when my hair was shorter it made it white. I was probably using too much.
In the pics below – I did the following: Used the Dew as a LI, then added the BSP, then added this subpar gel (Mill Creek Biotin Gel, it’s cheap and basically like thickened water…meh) on top. Interestingly enough, as I layered product, my hair got smaller and smaller. By smaller, I don’t mean shrinkage, I mean by volume. It’s still pretty big though.
Verdict? I really love this stuff. Moisturizing leave-ins without glycerin are my seksi weak spot, and this one really does the job. I definitely don’t mind that I can’t use it alone, because I can always add a bit of AV gel on top I’m sure (I didn’t try this b/c I am currently out of AV though). I’m glad I bought this instead of products with glycerin for Black Friday. Oyin, for the win!