I needed some retail therapy, so I finally gave in and got a steamer. I don’t really have a lot of tables in my apartment, so I opted for a stand up steamer from Salons R Us. And, it’s already shipped! I’m excited, so I just wanted to share with you guys. Also, I’ve decided I’m not a huge fan of the Jessicurl Weekly Deep Treatment, so I am going to give it one more chance using my steamer when I receive it. We’ll see how that works out.
Oh, and if you use the code “exoticmommies,” you get $10 off. Gotta love that discount.
See you in steamland…xoxo
From Long Hair Care Forum regarding the benefits of steaming:
Benefits of Steam Treatments
– ZERO TANGLES and NO POOF.
According to Diane DeCosta and many others the benefits of steam conditioning are the following:
– Better Circulation in Scalp leading to better hair growth
– Cleanses Scalp, removing dirt and dead skin
– Brings moisture to your Roots and hair shaft
– Leaves your hair soft and smooth
– Great for Dandruff Sufferers
– Stops Dryness and Hair Breakage by outer layer of the hair shaft with moisture, allowing the conditioner to penetrate deeply into the cuticle layer.
– Makes hair stronger and healthier
– Improves Hair Color Treatments
– Can also act as a Facial Steamer
– It is especially good for those with locs, natural hair, and color-treated hair
– Helps Seal in Moisture to help reduce breakage (MANY ladies complain about ENDLESS Dryness on their Tresses)
– Helps with reversion on natural hair…. The cuticle is already swollen with moisture.
– Hair feels SILKY smooth – and “hangs” with weight.