From the beginning, I have used my blog as a means to track and chronicle my own hair journey, so I felt it was necessary to archive my progress picture on my three year natural hair anniversary. If you had asked me at the beginning of 2009 if I’d ever consider chopping all my hair off, I would have looked at you batty. Well, you know what they say – never say never.
And sooo…here’s my three year anniversary video!
Deets on the video after the jump:
**Hair Product Overview begins at the 9:00 mark.**
Traditional Progress Pic:https://questfortheperfectcurl.com/2012/12/26/the-izzy-chronicles-three-year-a…
Helpful Resources for Length Retention and Growth:
Tips for Retaining Length Without Protective Styling:https://questfortheperfectcurl.com/2012/05/13/question-of-the-day-tips-for-ret…
My Regimen: https://questfortheperfectcurl.com/current-regimen/(Please keep in mind that my regimen works for ME, you do not need to copy it at all to be successful with your hair)
Growth/Retention Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL51C9C5137B09A387&feature=mh_lolz (contains all Viviscal videos, although the new formula JUST came out and is not reviewed)
Products Mentioned (Please check out their individual reviews for further information – this video is not meant to be a full review):
Kiss My Face Upper Management Gel:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgCo5uxdX18 (It has also been featured in several videos)
Ingredients to Die For Organicals Deep Conditioning Creme:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2XvSDZRR6I (Note: The site I mentioned for fragrance oils is Wholesale Supplies Plus)
B.A.S.K. Palm Tapioca: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRMZyEgEjEI (Also featured in my bantu knot out tutorial videos)
Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRMZyEgEjEI (The product I compared this to is the Knotty Girl Vanilla Cupcake Leave In)
Viviscal: See above
– I still use the same method for wash and gos (8 sections, smoothing/raking – product combination examples are available on my regimen page).
– My nail polish is Essie Yogaga (Oh, and no those aren’t my natural nails…I got a gel manicure last week and had tips put on.).
– My length goal is bra strap length (BSL) curly, which I have not reached. Currently, I’d say my straight hair is waist length or grazing WL, but since I mainly wear my hair curly, I’m focusing on that. Curly my hair usually shrinks to around arm pit length in the back and will be a bit below my collarbone where my hair falls in the front. Yes, I want more hair. 🙂 The date of my last trim should also be on the regi page; I trim my hair when it’s blown out or straight if I think my ends need some cleaning up.
– I have not dyed my hair since I initially darkened it. The darker color faded a bit and sort of blended with my new growth. I can see a color difference up close, but it’s not noticeable at all really unless someone is like staring at my hair. I like how it has evolved (especially b/c it seems I don’t have to worry about root upkeep, for the win!).
– I don’t type my hair using the Walker system. I’d say it’s a mix of corkscrew and fractal curls (Massey). Video further explaining – Why I Can’t Stand Hair Typing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syVKyFPail4
– I’m still using my Canon T2i camera. I like it but wish it had a swivel screen b/c I film myself.
– My Facebook page is closed due to the amount of time I spent monitoring it, participating, and responding to inquiries.
– I still have no plans to post regularly at this time. Just wanted to say what’s up and share my anni with y’all!
FTC: All products mentioned in this video were purchased with my own monies.
Side Note – I really wish that I could take self length check pics better. Blah. Anyway, I hope everyone is having a great holiday and I’ll see ya when I see ya!