From the beginning, I have used my blog as a means to track and chronicle my own hair journey, so I felt it was necessary to archive my progress picture on my three year natural hair anniversary. If you had asked me at the beginning of 2009 if I’d ever consider chopping all my hair off, I would have looked at you batty. Well, you know what they say – never say never.
And sooo…here’s my three year anniversary video!
Deets on the video after the jump:
**Hair Product Overview begins at the 9:00 mark.**
Traditional Progress Pic:https://questfortheperfectcurl.com/2012/12/26/the-izzy-chronicles-three-year-a…
Helpful Resources for Length Retention and Growth:
Tips for Retaining Length Without Protective Styling:https://questfortheperfectcurl.com/2012/05/13/question-of-the-day-tips-for-ret…
My Regimen: https://questfortheperfectcurl.com/current-regimen/(Please keep in mind that my regimen works for ME, you do not need to copy it at all to be successful with your hair)
Growth/Retention Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL51C9C5137B09A387&feature=mh_lolz (contains all Viviscal videos, although the new formula JUST came out and is not reviewed)
Products Mentioned (Please check out their individual reviews for further information – this video is not meant to be a full review):
Kiss My Face Upper Management Gel:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgCo5uxdX18 (It has also been featured in several videos)
Ingredients to Die For Organicals Deep Conditioning Creme:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2XvSDZRR6I (Note: The site I mentioned for fragrance oils is Wholesale Supplies Plus)
B.A.S.K. Palm Tapioca: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRMZyEgEjEI (Also featured in my bantu knot out tutorial videos)
Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRMZyEgEjEI (The product I compared this to is the Knotty Girl Vanilla Cupcake Leave In)
Viviscal: See above
– I still use the same method for wash and gos (8 sections, smoothing/raking – product combination examples are available on my regimen page).
– My nail polish is Essie Yogaga (Oh, and no those aren’t my natural nails…I got a gel manicure last week and had tips put on.).
– My length goal is bra strap length (BSL) curly, which I have not reached. Currently, I’d say my straight hair is waist length or grazing WL, but since I mainly wear my hair curly, I’m focusing on that. Curly my hair usually shrinks to around arm pit length in the back and will be a bit below my collarbone where my hair falls in the front. Yes, I want more hair. 🙂 The date of my last trim should also be on the regi page; I trim my hair when it’s blown out or straight if I think my ends need some cleaning up.
– I have not dyed my hair since I initially darkened it. The darker color faded a bit and sort of blended with my new growth. I can see a color difference up close, but it’s not noticeable at all really unless someone is like staring at my hair. I like how it has evolved (especially b/c it seems I don’t have to worry about root upkeep, for the win!).
– I don’t type my hair using the Walker system. I’d say it’s a mix of corkscrew and fractal curls (Massey). Video further explaining – Why I Can’t Stand Hair Typing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syVKyFPail4
– I’m still using my Canon T2i camera. I like it but wish it had a swivel screen b/c I film myself.
– My Facebook page is closed due to the amount of time I spent monitoring it, participating, and responding to inquiries.
– I still have no plans to post regularly at this time. Just wanted to say what’s up and share my anni with y’all!
FTC: All products mentioned in this video were purchased with my own monies.
Side Note – I really wish that I could take self length check pics better. Blah. Anyway, I hope everyone is having a great holiday and I’ll see ya when I see ya!
15 thoughts on “The Izzy Chronicles: Three Year Anniversary”
Defintely Elle!! You left a wealth of knowledge on this website 🙂 I would have to agree with you…..2013 hair goals…an awesome idea!!!
I was so hype when I got the email alert for a new post! Congrats on your anniversary! I BC’d a few months before you and I’ve enjoyed following Izzy’s journey.
Elle!!! It is so good to hear from you and Happy Anniversary to izzy 🙂 I was just checking your Holy Grail list and saw this update. You continue to be a hair inspiration to me and I wish you all the best in 2013!!!!
Hey hun, hope all is well with you! I’m happy you still find value in the site even if I’m not really on. I need to think of some 2013 hair goals…hmmm.
Like others, I had to do a double-take when I saw the email header! Good to hear from you, and congrats on the 3-year anniversary. Hope to see more of your videos in the future – your energy, humor and knowledge are missed. You were one of the few I started following earlier this year. I’ve learned so much, and do to this have a structure in which I am able to educate myself more on all the mysteries of hair! My journey is much less of a trial now, it’s really not that complicated once you have a few bits of knowledge to start you off – thanks again. Happy Holidays! Shirley
I was all :O when I got an email of your updated blog. Now, first off, LOVE your hair in all it’s curly glory. Quick question though, do you plan on letting your hair grow as long as it can or do you have a specific length you plan on stopping at?
I have a length goal, but I’m pretty lax with my hair and doubt I’d ever do scheduled cuts/trims to maintain a certain length. All of my cuts/trims are pretty spontaneous.
Yeah -a pleasant email surprise!I may be the only person to admit that she’s a baby-boomer who boycotted YouTube when Denimpixie signed off!! With that, I am delighted to have the opportunity to say “thank-you” -simply for your advice “and my choice ” to do what works for me of that advice. With much professional grace, your “sign-off” only increased your demand!!! Do you – and always know you have a strong network of support — miss ya much! – my first time ever replying – I have referred so many of my colleagues to your site! CIONATURAL
LOL! I think I’m gonna do an anni video – I’ve been off work for like 4 days…I’s bored.
Congrats! So helpful x
Thank you so much! I was so delighted to see this email in my inbox, I have missed your commentaries so much! To me the hair world has been dead without you. I have learned so much from you! Happy New Year and continued peace and blessings to you!
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 18:25:53 +0000 To: email@example.com
Your journey has been awesome! I have learned so much following you. Thank you for sharing.
Hey Ms. Elle I am so grateful to have you blog for tips and tricks on my own hair quest. You have come such a long way! Your hair is awesome oh and your arms look so tone compared to last year. Keep up the good work 😀
Your hair journey is a total inspiration. Thank you so much for sharing over the years Elle 🙂
🙂 Thank you!!!
Comments are closed.