As promised, here are my thoughts on a LOT of things I’ve been using lately. After I get my hands on the Camille Rose collection, I’m going on another no buy!
It’s that time of year again where our little makeup hearts are filled with joy, but our wallets are taking a beating. The fall season always brings gorgeous new makeup releases for fall and the holiday season, if you want to get a head start. Like I did last year, I’ll be trying my best to buy gifts from black-owned brands and monitor new releases. Here are just four that have me intrigued, and the season hasn’t even started yet.
Wash and Go Tips (additional ones I may not have mentioned as well!):
- Baggy (placing a shower cap on wet hair) your hair with your leave-in overnight
- Apply product in more sections (I do 16 rather than 8, your number will vary based on length and thickness)
- Use a heavier hold gel on top if needed (rather than apply it all over your hair so you have a more nourishing gel on the majority)
- Use a refresher spray without glycerin
- Use a silicone serum on your ends
- Cleanse your hair properly
- Use a silicone conditioner
- Decrease use of humectants (first five ingredients in a product)
- Keep your hands out of your hair