I know that there are 50-11 reviews of Fenty on YouTube, but I would be totally remiss if I didn’t write something about the brand. As someone who loves sparkle (seriously, bathe me in it), this line holds a special place in my heart. While I was initially a tad disappointed that it is not a black-owned brand (just stating facts, no shade), I love Rihanna and appreciate that they truly created a brand that has the intention to catering to everyone and making all women feel beautiful. You don’t see that often in the beauty industry (looking at you, L’Oreal), so I can give props to that. As an example, while 40 shades of foundation isn’t exactly brand new, I had never seen such diversity in the shade selector models used. I’ve never been able to match myself with a black woman (it’s usually an asian woman), and the one that seemed to match me even had freckles like me! I teared up a little. I can’t even wear the foundation (ingredients, which is a different story about the cosmetics industry and what they have us putting on their skin but anywho) and I was impressed. And so, I woke up early and headed to my Sephora at 7:45am to wait for the store to open, and I’ve been back two more times. Don’t judge me.
This is what I initially bought.
Today’s video goes over my hits and misses for August, including brands such as Ofra Cosmetics, Lancome, Soultanicals, Legendary Rootz, E’tae, Lena Cup, and more! Also, please read on for links and info on how to help Harvey victims.
Your wallet is screwed, y’all.
- The obvious launch, Rihanna’s Fenty Beauty, is scheduled to be released on 9/8 at Sephora and Harvey Nichols. They have been hella hush hush on the products, but word on the street is that there will be a highlighter and holographic lipgloss. And knowing Rih, I feel like there will have to be some amazing lipsticks. Reclaiming my coins for this one. Please note that Fenty is technically not black-owned as the parent company is Kendo, but I will be supporting Rihanna on this one.
2. My new favorite nude lipstick brand, Mented Cosmetics, will be blessing us with glosses on 9/1. If you aren’t familiar, Mented created nude lipsticks for women of color with a range of gorgeous shades – they remind me of an Amplified MAC formula. And since I’ve been on a huge gloss kick, I need. They posted screen shots from Hello Giggles yesterday, and Send Nudes and Mauve Over are my must haves, although if they offer a discounted set, that might need to happen because they were all great shades. They’ll be available individually for $15 a pop.
3. Palm Mini Nail Lacquer is launching on 10/1 with 10-free nail polishes. They are also vegan and cruelty free. From the looks of their IG page, there will be nude shades as well as some brights. With shades like Caramel Drizzle and Fudge Please, I’m already hungry.
REVELATIONS 💥💥💥 KISS the FUTURE with the MOST LEGENDARY Lip Pencils EVER: #patmcgrathlabs Unlimited Edition PermaGel Ultra Lip Pencils in shades: ‘Done Undone,’ ‘Buff,’ ‘Bare Rose,’ ‘Suburbia,’ ‘1980,’ ‘Major,’ ‘Night Fever,’ ‘Contour,’ ‘Supernatural,’ ‘Manhattan,’ ‘Ground Control,’ and ‘Deep Void’ with packaging featuring artwork by @turqblu @iroillustrations @luv4artistry @c.illustrations @astridxvos and @desiree_mattsson ⚡️⚡️⚡️ _ COMING SEPTEMBER 2017 to PATMcGRATH.COM
4. The makeup muva, Pat McGrath, has brought us multiple limited edition collections, and is now bringing a permanent collection on 9/16 (the eyeshadow palettes will be out 9/28)! Items include eye palettes, lip pencils, new cream lipsticks, eye liner, and a mascara. I have been looking for a mascara from a BOMB for quite awhile (and have also refrained from buying a new mascara even though I need one), so at the very least, my lashes are about to get the hook up.
5. Although known for their lipsticks that last for what seems like forever, Beauty Bakerie also makes some damn blingy highlighters, called So Icy Illuminators. I have a couple and let me say…these are not for subtle highlights at all, but that’s how I love them! And new shades are coming – their initial release was comprised of more classic shades (tan, gold, etc), but the new launch consists of green/gold, purple, and pink glows. They have not revealed a firm date yet, but they’re coming soon. They are also launching glosses this fall.
What BOMB launches are you looking forward to?
**This post may contain ref/affiliate links.