So – I’ve never claimed to be a MUA. In fact, I really just started getting into makeup when I started my IG page, dupeBLACK, a couple of years ago when I noticed how many people weren’t aware of how many black-owned brands there are out there. In my 20s, I was basically a powder/mascara/lipstick gal, and I *gasp* applied eyeshadow with those horrid sponge thingies. You can even check out my old videos and see! Actually, no, don’t check. 🙂
But what I have always been good at is being shimmery and glittery. For as long as I can remember, my nickname had some kind of glitter, fairy, or pixie-ish type word in it. I just think shimmer and shine makes the world a happier place. Unfortunately, I tried the Fenty Beauty Body Lava over the past weekend, and it just wasn’t my jam. The shimmer and microglitter were very pretty, but the consistency was not my preference, as I found it sticky and heavy. And trust me, I only applied a little.
Luckily, my shimmer game stays on point, so I wanted to offer my favorite alternatives to the Body Lava, whether you want a different formula or prefer a less expensive product. Check ’em out.
Additional Video Details
- Wet N’ Wild Hello Halo in Hello Gorgeous – $5.99
- Physician’s Formula Murumuru Butter Highlighter in Champagne – around $9.79
- Beauty Bakerie Illuminator in Glistened — http://bit.ly/cakeelle (affiliate link) – $32
- Urban Outfitters Shimmer Suncreen – $10
- Sunshine & Glitter Day Is Done After Sun Glitter Gel – $16.95
- Milk Glitter Stick – $30
- Milk Holographic Stick in Supernova – $28
Social Media Love: Twitter: @ellevate108 Instagram: @dupeBLACK Facebook: \ellevate108
FTC: This video is not sponsored and all products were purchased with my own $!